Over the past two decades, knee pain prevalence has continued to increase affecting almost 25% of American adults. This condition has robbed the joy of many and made it difficult for them to walk. Nevertheless, knee pain is effectively dealt with through physical therapy and exercises. You don’t have to be part of the statistics! Visit our talented physical therapists at Oklahoma Physical Therapy and halt your knee pain.
Causes of Knee Pain
There are basically 3 major causes of knee pain that can create chronic or light pain.
Whichever the case and cause of your pain, our trained physical therapists can handle it effectively to enable you to regain your normal condition.
Types of Knee Pain
The area where pain occurs determines the type of knee pain and are as follows:
- Lateral knee pain – this is felt on the outside of the knee after the iliotibial band tendon is irritated.
- Ligament tear pain – it is as a result of a direct blow on your knee. It makes the knee swell and makes you feel unstable.
- Osteoarthritis pain – occurs when the cartilage is broken or worn out. It commences steadily and becomes chronic over time.
- Anterior knee pain – it is that pain felt around the kneecap when it shifts its position.
- Medial knee pain – is the pain felt in the inside after the injury of the medial meniscus.
How Our Physical Therapists Can Help
After completing a thorough diagnosis based on your medical history, symptoms, and examination, we will come up with the best treatment technique for you and your symptoms. These treatments might include manual therapy, therapeutic exercises, self-care instructions, pain management, and individualized exercises. Our pain management techniques often include ultrasound, ice, electrical stimulation, and/or heat to lower your pain and swelling.
Our talented physical therapists are committed to ensuring you regain optimal use of your legs. Just book an appointment with us today by visiting our website at http://oklahomaphysicaltherapy.com/make-appointment.